Systems Access Login

Cash Handling and Deposits

The Treasury Office is responsible for the cash handling and management of the University System. This office also administers the TouchNet eCommerce system for non-registration related payments.

You are not logged in to view eCommerce

Treasury Office - eCommerce

(Authorized Users Only)

Login Here



Frequently Asked Questions

Credit Card +

Q:   What is the current credit card merchant fee?

A:  The current fee is 1.95% for MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and JCB, and $0.83 for debit card transactions.  These rates are valid until July 31, 2021.

Q:   How can my department accept credit cards as another form of payment?

A:  Instructions to request for a merchant account can be found in AP 8.710.  Merchants can use the ecommerce website to accept payments.  Attachment 1, AP 8.711 must be completed.

Q:   Where can I find information on how to process an EMV card?

A:  The presentation slides and EMV terminal instructions are available. Click here to view the First Data demonstration.

Q:  What happens if the chip can't be read?

A:    Even though the chip is unreadable, you must insert it three (3) times into the reader. After the third attempt, you can swipe it in the mag stripe reader.

Q:  Do I still need to verify the card holder's signature?

A:    Remind the student not to remove the chip card from the reader until the transaction is completed and the terminal says ‘please remove card’. Depending on the card issuer, the terminal may prompt for a signature or PIN. When the student signs the receipt, compare the signature to the card.

Q:  Q: How do I respond when the terminal is asking for a tax amount?

A:    When a business or corporate credit card is used, the terminal may ask for a tax amount. Since the University of Hawai‘i is a tax exempt entity, you can skip the tax related terminal prompts by following these steps:

Prompt: Enter Tax Amount
Response: < press green button to by-pass>
Prompt: Is this tax exempt? No or Yes
Response: Yes <press green button>
Prompt: Enter Customer Code
Response: Enter the last four (4) digits of the card number <press green button>

Deposits +

Q:   What do I do if there is an error in my deposit?

A: Incorrect amount or duplicate posting – Create another AD or CCR by ‘copying’ the original edoc.  Record the amount for the net difference.

Wrong reference number – notify Treasury via email to

Q:   How do I post a refund from a vendor or reimbursement of expenditure?

A: Enter a negative amount on the AD.

Dishonored Checks +

Q:   How do I record a Dishonored Check?

A: Instructions are available.

PCI Data Security Standard +

Q:   Where can I get a copy of the PCI DSS 3.1 presentation?

A:The slides are available.

Q:   How do I know which SAQ to complete?

A:Refer to the flow chart developed by the PCI Security Standards Council.

Q:   Where can I find additional information on PCI DSS?

A:Additional information can be found on the PCI Security Standards Council website

Q:   Where can I find instructions on completing the Self-Assessment Questionnaire?

A:Instructions and guidelines can be found on the PCI Security Standards Council website and clicking on the SAQs tab.

Shows SAQs Tab

Supplies +

Q:   How do I order bank deposit slips and money bags?

A: To order bank deposit slips and money bags, complete the order form and send to Treasury Office.

Q:   Where can I get receipt books?

A: Departments are advised to purchase receipt books through the State’s price list.  Departments can also purchase pre-numbered duplicate copy receipt books from any office supplies store.

Contact Us

2444 Dole St, Bachman Annex 13
Honolulu, HI 96822

Name Area of Responsibility Phone Number Email
Joanne Yama Treasury Officer 956‐7638
Cindy McCue Deposits 956‐8526
Julie Montiho Dishonored checks,
bank adjustments
Jan Oshiro Electronic funds

Policies & Guidelines

Administrative Procedures

AP 8.701 Receipting and Depositing of Funds Received by the University
Describes procedures for receipting, recording, depositing and safeguarding of UH funds in accordance with State and UH policies.

AP 8.702 Establishment of Electronic Funds Transfer Agreements and Receipt of Funds
Procedures to establish agreements and to process electronic funds transfers of receipts from government agencies and businesses.

AP 8.710 Credit Card Program
Procedures for requesting approval to accept credit cards and processing of credit card transactions.

AP 8.711 Electronic Payments via University Websites
Procedures for processing electronic payments securely through University Websites.

AP 8.731 Student Accounts Receivable and Delinquent Financial Obligations
Procedures to collect delinquent financial obligations owed to the University.
Specific notification requirements, appeal process, sanctions imposed, and recovery options are noted.

AP 8.740 Dishonored Checks
Procedures for the processing of dishonored checks.
All dishonored checks shall be recorded in KFS Accounts Receivable.

AP 8.750 Establishment and Maintenance of Change Funds
Procedures to establish change funds, increase or decrease of change funds, changes to custodian or alternate custodian.

AP 8.760 IRS Compliance for Reporting Cash Payments Over $10,000
Reporting requirements for cash payments over $10,000 in any 12-month period.

Process Documents

Recording Debit Entries and Processing Adjustment to Advance Deposit(AD) and Credit Card Receipt(CCR) eDocs (revised Oct 2015)