Systems Access Login

Financial Systems

The University implemented the Kuali Financial System (KFS) as its systemwide financial management system in July, 2012. KFS records and manages all of the financial transactions and fiscal activity for all of the UH campuses. Other UH systems (Banner Student, PeopleSoft Human Resources, eTravel, RCUH FIS, etc.) also interface with KFS. The UH also implemented eThority for its financial data query tool.

KFS is developed by Kuali, Inc. In addition to KFS, UH has implemented other Kuali products: Kuali Research (myGRANTS), Kuali Curriculum Management and Kuali Build.

During FY 2015-2016, designated teams from the Fiscal Services Office (FSO) visited business office staff on each of the 10 campuses for feedback on user satisfaction with KFS and eThority. Detailed summaries of the visits may be found here. The FSO team wishes to thank all business office staff for their time, gracious hospitality and candid feedback. All suggestions will be reviewed and prioritized to determine which changes can feasibly be implemented in the system. Some of the suggestions have already led to changes in the system.

In January 2018, KFS was upgraded to version 6.0.1.  Information related to the upgrade can be found here.

In November 2020, JasperReports Server (JRS) was implemented as the new ad hoc reporting tool.  eThority was no longer accessible as of 1/12/2021.

KFS is available Monday – Saturday 6:00 am – 8:00 pm, Sunday 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
JRS is available Monday – Saturday 8:00 am – 8:00 pm, Sunday 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm

Link to KFS Link to JRS Link to open a trouble ticket


Frequently Asked Questions

General FAQs +

Q: What software or hardware will I need to use KFS?

A: KFS is accessed via any of the common web browsers.  The system supports Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Safari.  No special software is required other than a connection to the internet.

Special printers or printer connections are not required.  Any items printed from the system can be printed to any locally attached printer.  eDocs that are intended for printing such as the Purchase Order and the Disbursement Voucher coversheet are in a printer-friendly format. However, all eDocs are not in a printer-friendly format since they are stored in the system perpetually and not intended for printing.

Q: What is the URL for KFS?

Q: My Action List doesn’t contain the documents that route to me as a delegate. How do I fix this?
A: Click on the down-arrow in the upper right hand corner that is defaulted to "Choose Secondary Delegation" and select "All Secondary Delegations".  You should now see eDocs that have accounts delegated to you.

Q: Why can’t I print my document?

A: KFS requires that your browser pop-up blocker is disabled for the printing of documents.  The following tips will help you manage your Pop-Up Blockers in Firefox and Internet Explorer:

Manage Your Pop-Up Blocker in Firefox
Manage Your Pop-Up Blocker in Internet Explorer
Q:  I’m working in KFS and ran into a problem that I want to create a trouble ticket.  What’s the quickest way to submit a trouble ticket?
A: Go to the Financial Systems service within the Financial Management website
( and click on the Contact Us tab. Click on the icon which
will link you to the trouble ticket web form.

You can also submit a trouble ticket using the web link located below:

Q. How do I get notified of system updates and maintenance?

A: If you are a member of the KFS-USERS listserv, you will receive an email notification of all upcoming system updates and maintenance. To be added to the KFS-USERS listserv, click on the link: Complete the required fields and click the submit button at the bottom of the form

You will receive an email notification when you have been added to the list.
Q. How do I change my personal information in KFS?

  1. Please send the following information to UH number | UH Username | Name ( old and new) | Phone Number (old and new) | Email Address (old and new)

    Note: Please only include phone number and email address if either of those are incorrect. 
Q. Where do I find information on using wildcards or special characters when performing a search in KFS?

A: For a quick reference guide on how to use wildcards or special characters when performing searches in KFS refer to the Search Criteria Quick Reference Guide
Q. How do I delete an attachment after it has been added?

A: On KFS Transaction Documents, e.g., DV, REQ, PO, POA, PREQ, ACCT, etc., users may delete unwanted attachments, provided the eDoc is in one of the following statuses: INITIATED, SAVED, CANCELED or DISAPPROVED. “Users” include the initiator and any approver in the eDoc’s route log. This feature does not apply to Vendor or Procurement Card eDocs (PVENs or PCDOs).

To remove the Note/Attachment, click on the “delete” button in the Actions column beside the Note/Attachment to be removed. Upon removal, KFS will automatically add a new note indicating the filename and the name of the user who deleted the Note/Attachment.

The “delete” button will NOT be provided for eDocs that are in ENROUTE status. Users may request deletion by submitting a trouble ticket to the KFS System Administrator using the web link below:

Please be sure to include the eDoc number, the attachment number and the reason for removal, e.g., sensitive information. Attachments on eDocs of FINAL and PROCESSED statuses will not be deleted.

Access and Security +

Q: Will I need a special login and password to access KFS?

A: KFS uses the UH username and password.  This is the same login that is used for UH mail (i.e.,
Q: How will users be authorized access to the system?
A: KFS has roles that are assigned to users.  A listing of the KFS Roles can be found here.

User access is requested and authorized by the Fiscal Administrator by completing the KFS Security Form (FSO-40). In addition, users must complete the required ACER online service for UH Faculty/Staff/Student or the General Confidentiality Notice for non-UH individuals. Please read and review the UH Data Governance Page.
Q: I can’t login to KFS, I’ve been logging in all this time using my bookmarks. 
A: Sometimes bookmarks get corrupted.  If you can’t login using your bookmark, try typing in the Firefox browser’s URL.  Then bookmark or continue to login by typing just, KFS, Firefox will “remember” the portion.
Q: What do I need to do if a user terminates employment or leaves my department?
A: Depending on the user's role and access in the systems, different things may need to be done. Please use the KFS Checklist for Terminated or Transferring Employees as a guide for items requiring update.
Q: I keep getting requests to authorize expenditures but am not permitted to approve the expenditure.
A: You probably do not have security access to KFS.  You’ll need to contact your Fiscal Administrator to submit a FSO-40 Security Form, to the KFS Security Administrator.  Once approved, you’ll have access to KFS

Accounts Receivable +

Q: How do I generate GLPE on the Cash Control Document?

A:  After the Payment Application document is in FINAL status, the generate button will display on the General Info tab on the Cash Control document.   To generate the General Ledger Pending Entries (GLPE), click the “generate” button.

Note: The related Payment Application document must be in FINAL status before you can generate the GLPEs on the Cash Control document.  If the Payment Application document has the status of Saved or Enroute, you will need to click the “reload” button at the bottom of the Payment Application window Application window.

Q: I am reviewing my aging report and find that a few of my receivables were either processed with an AD or are duplicates.  How do I correct or reverse the transaction?

A:  To improve and maintain the integrity of financial transactions in KFS, debit entries and adjustments to Advance Deposits (AD) and Credit Card Receipts(CCR) eDocs shall be processed as outlined in Recording Debit Entries and Processing Adjustments to Advance Deposit (AD) and Credit Card Receipt (CCR) eDocs.
Below is the url for your reference:

Q: Are we able to apply an internal billing (IB) to pay for KFS invoice?
A: The AR invoice should be reversed. IBs should be used for business between two UH departments; invoicing or billing should not be prepared for another University Department. If you need additional assistance please contact Fiscal Services or a submit a trouble ticket.
Q: Cash Control has a disapproved Application, how does a new application get generated to apply payments correctly?  Do I need to create a new cash control for that?

A:  Create a new Cash Control (CTRL) with a new Payment Application (APP) to replace the disapproved APP.  Use the same Deposit Reference Info Tab details as on the original Cash Control, and please add an ad hoc to Shelby Ozaki ( ) at Treasury Office.

For CTRL eDoc currently in Enroute status with the Financial Document Detail tab & Cash Control Details tab:
- Click the "generate" button to get the General Ledger Pending Entries (GLPE) entries. Check if the amounts in the GLPE tab is correct (the Cash Control Details tab’s total for all lines less the disapproved line)
- If the GLPEs have the correct amounts, add an ad hoc to Shelby before submitting.
-- If the GLPEs' amounts are something else, don’t submit the Cash Control.

Q: Can the invoice be revised/edited when the status is final?

A:  Invoices cannot be revised or edited once they are FINAL. Depending on what you need to revise and whether payments have been applied, you may need to cancel it or issue a customer credit memo or another invoice for an additional amount.


Capital Assets +

Q:   How is asset information maintained?

A:    KFS has a Capital Asset Management (CAM) module that is used to maintain assets.  CAM will be used to maintain both capital and non-capital assets.  Some details about the asset will be captured when the requisition is created.  This information is completed by the initiator of the requisition (or whomever enters the capital asset object code in the accounting line).  Additional information will be fed to the Capital Asset Builder when the related payment is processed.

Q:   How do I correct an address associated with a building code?

A: Forward requests to the Property & Fund Management Office (PFMO) for update.

Q:   How are controlled property items entered into CAM?

A: Controlled property items will be input by PFMO by extracting object codes 775G; 775U; 776A or 776F.

Q:   How will non-capital assets be recorded in KFS?

A: Non-capital asset purchases may be added to CAM as a manual input by the departments. Use non-capital asset object code 777U on accounting line.  Input non-capital assets into CAM using the Add Asset feature and create assets using the Acquisition Type Code 'A' for Non-capital assets.

Q:   What is the difference between non-capital assets and controlled property assets?

A: Non-capital assets should not be confused with controlled property assets. Controlled property assets are assets less than $5000, Federal or Agency vested or weapons/firearms which are to be extracted and input by PFMO. These assets are extracted based on the object codes 775G or 775U - weapons; 776A or 776F - Agency/Federal owned property less than $5000.  Non-capital assets are all other assets less than $5,000 which do not fit in the above categories.

Financial Processing +

Q:  Can I process a Pre-Encumbrance edoc to liquidate a Purchase Order encumbrance?

A:  No, the Pre-Encumbrance and Purchase Order documents generate encumbrance entries with different balance types therefore the encumbrances are posted as separate records in the open encumbrance table.
Q:  Can I liquidate a Pre-Encumbrance balance by using the error correction button?
A:  No, to liquidate a Pre-Encumbrance balance, complete the Disencumbrance section of the Pre-Encumbrance edoc and input the original Pre-Encumbrance document number in the reference field to properly liquidate the original Pre-Encumbrance.  The error correction button will generate another record with a different document number in the open encumbrance table and not liquidate the original Pre-Encumbrance.
Q:  Where can I find information on the PCard Program and/or instructions on the KFS Procurement Card Document(PCDO) process?
A: Detailed policy information on UH's PCard Program and related FAQs which include recommendations for completion of the KFS PCDO may be found on the OPRPM website at

JasperReports Server +

Q: How do I get access to JasperReports Server?
A: All of the existing eThority users as of 10/23/2020 were added to JasperReports Server. To add additional users, use the revised FSO-40 KFS Security Form and indicate the FOnnn folder the user should have access to.
Q: Who do I contact for help creating an ad hoc view/report?
A: Please send email to  If you are converting an eThority databook, please have screenshots of your field selection, filters, groups and sorts, and any powerfields as well as sample output.
Q: Will there be any training?
A: We will not be conducting any training at this time.
Q: How will I get notified of changes to JasperReports Server?
A: All of the users that were added with the initial load on 10/24/2020 were added to the FINJRS-USERS list.  This list will be used to communicate changes to the system as well as system maintenance activities.  If you were not part of the initial load and would like to be added to the list, click on the link: Complete the required fields and click the submit button at the bottom of the form:
JasperReports Listserv Subscription

You will receive an email notification when you have been added to the list.  You may also use the link to unsubscribe from the list.

Q: When is the JasperReports Server system available?
A: The JasperReports Server is available from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm. While the system may be online outside of this window, some of the data may not be updated or available.
Q: Can I add a field to an existing report?
A: No, unlike eThority, fields cannot be added to existing reports.  If there is a field that you commonly add to an existing report, please submit a request to and we will consider adding it to the report.
Q: Where can I save a report?
A: Every user has access to a FOnnn folder. To find the folder, expand the folder hierarchy as University of Hawaii > Organizations > UH Financial Reporting > Reports > FO. Within the FO folder, the FOnnn folder that is not greyed out is the one you have access to.
Q: Can I share a report with another user?
A: Sharing reports is managed by folders. Users have access to all reports within a folder. Each user is given access to their respective FOnnn folder(s).
Q: Can I export the report to Excel or PDF?
A: JasperReports Server will export the report as is and does not convert it based on the export format selected. Most of the reports have been developed for exporting to Excel.
Q: How do I save a report with my Input Controls?
A: Please refer to the JasperReports Server Instructions for more information.
Q: Is there an easy way to run a report for all FO Codes instead of specifying one at a time?
A: If the report has FO Code as one of the Input Controls, then you can use “000” as the FO Code to get all FO Codes. Unfortunately you can not select more than one FO Code so it is either one at a time or all.
Q: Is there a way to add fields and filters to my ad hoc view without refreshing the data?
A: We recommend using the “No Data” setting while you are building your ad hoc view. Once you have most of the fields and filters set, you can switch it to “Sample Data” or “Full Data” to see results.
Q: Can I select fields from multiple domains for a single ad hoc view?
A: No, only one domain may be used for an ad hoc view.  If you need fields from a different domain, send email to and we will consider adding it to the domain.
Q: What is the difference between table and crosstab when creating an Ad Hoc View?
A: Tables are used to view values in the database and to summarize the values in columns. Crosstabs are more compact representations than tables; they show only aggregate values, rather than individual database values. See the online Help within Jasper for more information, Working with the Ad Hoc Editor > Overview of the Ad Hoc Editor > Ad Hoc View Types.
Q: Where are the Labor reports and data?

A: We are unable to secure the Labor data by organization in JasperReports Server. Therefore, the Labor data is only available to users who have access to all Labor records. New KFS queries and a CSV version of the LDT751 report will be provided to users.

Q: Can a user work on more than one report at a time?
A: You cannot have more than one JasperReports Server (JRS) window open in the same browser. However, you can log into JRS via multiple browsers (i.e., Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari) and have one session per browser. We caution against this since that you might modify the same report in multiple browser sessions and possibly mix up your updates.
Q: How do I delete an ad hoc view/report that I no longer need or created in error?
A: Hover over the ad hoc view or report name you want to delete, right click, select Delete and confirm that you want to delete the selected ad hoc view/report.
Q: What happens to a user’s ad hoc views when the user is removed from JRS?
A: Ad hoc views created by a user are associated with the folder that they reside in and are not tied to a user. Therefore, any ad hoc views created by a user will remain in the saved folder even after the user is deleted.
Q: Can Fields and Measures be sorted alphabetically?
A: There isn’t a way to sort the fields in the Ad Hoc Designer but you can manually sort the fields in the Display tab of the Domain Data Chooser when the ad hoc view is initially created by pressing the UP / DOWN arrow button. Adding fields/measures afterwards also does not sort automatically.
Q: Can the size of the Measures section be expanded upward (reducing the size of the field section)?
A: Yes, there is a 3 bar handle on the right side of the Measure header.
Measures Header
Click and drag the handle to adjust the size of the frame.
Q: What’s the difference between Calculated Fields and Calculated Measures?
A: Calculated Fields are non-numeric user defined fields. Calculated Measures are numeric user defined fields. You can use arithmetic calculations and formulas on Calculated Measures.
Q: Is there a way to use filter values or input controls in Calculated Measures?
A: It isn't possible to use filter values or input controls in Calculated Measures. This is an enhancement request that was submitted to TIBCO. There is no timeframe for when this might be incorporated into the product.
Q: Is there a record or row limit in JRS? I am getting an error when I try to export my data.
A: JRS has a limit of 5,000,000 rows for tables and a 5,000,000 crosstab bucket/measure limit. The crosstab bucket/measure limit is calculated as: number of crosstab rows * number of crosstab columns * number of report crosstab measures number of report crosstab measures is defined as the number of user defined measures plus one.
Q: Can I access JasperReports Server from home?
A: Yes, however, you need to connect to the UH Virtual Private Network (VPN) to access JasperReports Server from off campus (i.e., outside the UH network).  If you do not have the UH VPN setup on your computer, please refer to the UH ITS VPN information page for setup instructions.

For assistance installing and setting up the UH VPN software, please contact the ITS Help Desk (, 956-8883).
Q: Every time I try to export, I get the TIBCO login screen.
JasperReports Login Screen

A: This is caused by the use of a password manager (e.g., Last Pass).  In order to export from JRS, you need to disable the password manager application in the browser.  After exporting your data you can re-enable the password manager application.

To disable the extension in Firefox:
Click on 3 vertical lines in the upper right-hand corner then add-ons.

Firefox Menu

Disable the extension.

Firefox Extensions

To disable the extension in Chrome: Click on the extensions icon and manage extensions.

Chrome Menu

Disable the extension.

Chrome Extension

Labor +

Q: The message 'person not found' appears when I attempt to input the the employee ID number into the Emp ID field to create a Salary Expense transfer document. When I look up the detail payroll transaction in the Labor Ledger View screen, the Employee ID matches the one I attempted to use to create the ST. What should I do?

A:  There may be multiple Employee ID Numbers assigned to the Employee. If the Employee ID number you find on the payroll transaction detail does not work when you are attempting to create an ST, here's what to do:
  1. Click on the 'Administration' tab, look at the System/Identity Section and click on 'Person' which with take you to the 'Person Lookup' table. Input the employee's first and last names in the appropriate fields and click on 'Search'.

  2. Write down both the Entity ID and Employee ID for all instances you find on the search and submit a trouble ticket with the info you collected.

Q: The 'Employee Name' field is blank on the Labor Ledger View screen when I search for a specific Employee ID. How do I find the name for this employee?

A: On the same Labor Ledger View screen, drill down on an amount and look for the 'Transaction Ledger Entry Description' field
Q: I noticed on the Account Status (Current Funds) Balance Inquiry screen search results that there are some lines that have '*Unknown Name*' displayed in the 'Person' field. How do I find out the name that the amount is associated with?
A: Click on the amount shown in the 'YTD Actual' field which should bring up a Labor Ledger View screen and then choose a non-zero amount. A Ledger Entry Lookup screen will appear and look for the 'Transaction Ledger Entry Description' field to find the employee's name and scroll to the right and find the 'Employee ID' field to find the Employee ID number.

Purchasing +

Q. How do I disable pop-up blockers so I can print a PO?

  1. You must add as an exception if blocker has been set to yes.

  2. In Firefox click on Tools>Options>Content.  Click on the Exceptions button to open the Allowed Sites pop-up window.  In the Address of website field enter, and then click Allow. The Site column should now display, and the Status column should indicate Allow.  Click Close to exit the window.

  3. In Internet Explorer click on Tools>Internet Options>Privacy.  When the Internet Options window opens, check if blocker has been set to yes.  If so, click the Settings button to open the Pop-up Blocker Settings.  In the Address of website to allow field, enter, and then click Add. should be displayed in the Allowed Sites box.  Click Close button to exit the window.
Q. I was creating a requisition and my building was not listed in KFS.  How do I add a new building code or room number?
  1. Contact your Fiscal Administrator (FA) to confirm that the Building Code and/or Room Number are unavailable in KFS.

  2. FA should then send email request to Kelcie Watai of the Property and Fund Management Office,

  3. The email request should include the following information: name of the building,   physical address, signage schedule or map of all room numbers and the building room type (i.e., office, classroom, laboratory).

  4. When completing a requisition, how do I know whether to select Item Type: ‘Quantity’ versus ‘No Quantity’ in the Items tab?

  5. KFS uses Item Type to determine how the PO encumbrance should be liquidated at payment time.  Since this is primarily a payment consideration subject to a number of variables pertaining to the purchase request, many business offices have developed their own criteria for determining which option to select.  

  6. Therefore, check with your business office for more guidance on this topic.
Q. How do I close a PO?
  1. The ‘close order’ feature is used to inactivate a Purchase Order from further processing and to disencumber any remaining PO encumbrances. 

  2. The button appears on PO’s which have had Payment Requests processed against them. 

  3. It should be used only by authorized departmental fiscal personnel and central procurement staff and only on POs approved and issued by the respective unit.

  4. BEFORE closing the PO, a check should be made to assure that all related Payment Requests have been fully processed.

  5. To use the ‘close order’ feature search for your PO from Main Menu>Custom Document Searches>Purchase Orders.

  6. Review results and select PO version in ‘open’ status.  When the PO is displayed, click the ‘close order’ button at the bottom of the page. 

  7. The PO status will be immediately updated to CLOSED, and any remaining encumbrances will be disencumbered during the nightly batch process. 
Q. How do I re-print a PO?
  1. The ‘retransmit’ feature is used to re-print a Purchase Order or Purchase Order Amendment document.

  2. It should be used only by authorized departmental fiscal personnel and central procurement staff and only on POs approved and issued by the respective unit.

  3. To use the ‘retransmit’ feature search for your PO from Main Menu>Custom Document Searches>Purchase Orders.

  4. Review results and select PO version in ‘open’ status.  When the PO is displayed, click the ‘retransmit’ button at the bottom of the page.  System will advance to a PO retransmit document. 

  5. In the Purchase Order Retransmit tab, select the desired PO Header to be printed at the top of the document [Purchase Order or Retransmission of Purchase Order (for PO Amendment)].

  6. Be sure to select all item lines and then click the ‘retransmit’ button. System will display a pdf version of the printed PO or Purchase Order Amendment which can then be printed from your computer. 

Q: My PO had $0.00 Remaining Encumbrance, Why Didn’t it Close in the End of Month Batch Process?

A:  Fully paid POs generally close automatically in the batch process at the end of each month.  However, there are certain situations in which a PO with $0.00 remaining encumbrance does not close in batch and will need to be manually closed (or voided) if there will be no further payments and the PO should be closed.

  1. If a PO did not have any Payment Requests (PREQs) processed and was reduced to $0.00 by a PO Amendment (POA), the PO would have a ‘void order’ button, not a ‘close order’ button.  These POs are voided but not closed, so it will not close in the end of month batch process. 
  2. If a PO has an Item Type=Quantity Line and the remaining encumbrance on the PO is $0.00, but one or more lines still has a remaining quantity, the PO will not close in batch.
  3. If a PO was paid in full, then a Credit Memo was processed on an Item Line, the PO may not close in batch.  Credits to Item Lines re-encumber funds on the PO.  If encumbrance does not need to be returned to the PO for future use, departments should indicate to the Disbursing Office that credit should be applied to the Miscellaneous Credit Line instead (see October 2019 Newsletter Article titled “Credit Memos – How to Submit to the Disbursing Office and Its Effect on Encumbrances”).
  4. If a PO has a negative Amount Paid on the Miscellaneous Additional Charge Line, the PO will not close in batch.
  5. If the PO is not in Open status (i.e. there’s a POA in Saved or Enroute status), the PO will not close in batch.  Pending documents for a particular PO can be identified by doing a document search by PO number.  This will return all versions of that PO.  Any pending POAs would need to be finalized or canceled.

If the PO needs to be manually closed or voided, the Organizational Purchasing Officer (OPO) can click on the “close order” or “void order” button on the Open PO.  Depending on the whether the PO had any payments, only one of these buttons will be available.  As a reminder, OPM must be notified of any PO close/void if the PO was routed to OPM for approval.  

Q:How will a credit memo affect the PO encumbrance?

A: Click here for examples of credit memos and how the encumbrance is affected.

Vendors +

Q: I was creating a new vendor and received an error msg, “Postal Code is an invalid or inactive postal zip code”.  What do I do?
A: Create a trouble ticket and include the city, state, zip code you entered on the PVEN eDoc.  The problem is usually the zip code is not in KFS even though the KFS database contains over 43,000 zip codes.  
Q: I am creating a new vendor. Since there is a 45 character limit, are there recommendations for vendor name and address abbreviations?
A: Recommendations for vendor name and address conventions may be found in the Vendor Maintenance Guide.  
Q: I am creating a new vendor and want to add an address. Under the Address tab, there is a field for New Default Address. How do I complete this field?
A: The “Set as campus default“ field should be left blank.  Click here for details.  
Q: What is the maximum number of characters allowed on the vendor address line?
A: For the address line, there is a 45 character limit.  Recommendations for the Address field may be found in the Vendor Maintenance Guide.
Q: What if a KFS vendor has no order address?
A: Using the vendor search, select the vendor and override the remit address on the REQ/PO and enter the order address.  Detailed instructions may be found here.

Workflow +

Q:  I previously created account delegates for PREQs and now I want to add account delegates for REQs and POs.   How do I create the account delegates for REQS and POs and keep the account delegates for PREQs using the account delegate global edoc?
A:  The account delegate global edoc overwrites the previous delegations.  Therefore to keep the PREQ delegations and add the REQ and PO delegations, you would process an account delegate global edoc with all delegations for PREQ, REQ and PO document types.
Q:  How can an edoc continue routing for approval if the document is in an account supervisor’s action list that is no longer at the University?
A:  Prepare an account maintenance edoc to update the account supervisor to an appropriate individual.  After the edoc is in final status, submit a trouble ticket to request that the document be requeued to the new account supervisor.
Q: Sometimes I have to click several screens to open a PDF attachment in KFS.  Is there an easier way? What’s wrong with KFS? 
A: It’s really a browser problem and not KFS.  You may want to change the way applications are opened in Firefox.  Go to Tools>Options>Applications.  Then scroll the Content Type column to find any acrobat related file.  Then in the Action column, click the drop down arrow and select Use Adobe Acrobat.  You should now see only one popup screen asking you if you want Acrobat to open the PDF file.  (You may need to re-do your adjustments as Firefox is updated.)
Q: Where can I find the workflow routing of the different eDocs? 
A: All of the document workflows may be found on the Policies and Guidelines page in the Workflow section.

Contact Us

Fiscal Services
1406 Lower Campus Rd, Room 43
Honolulu, HI 96822

Name Area of Responsibility Phone Number Email
Tammy Vandevender Director, KFS Project Manager (808)956-0383
John Burke JasperReports Server, Reporting (808)956-0413
Elaine Chun Financial Processing (808)956-0400
Eric Hiyoto Chart of Accounts, Accounts Receivable (808)956-0408
Suzanne Izumi Capital Assets (808)956-2118
Dawn Kim Effort Reporting (808)956-0396
Sheri Mizuguchi Purchasing (808)956-0394
Michele Nakamoto Workflow, Interfaces, AP (808)956-0407
Suzanne Efhan Contracts and Grants (808)956-4061
Jeffrey Tomori Labor (808)956-0414


Policies and Guidelines

KFS Process Documents

Accounts Payable

Disbursement Voucher User Guide (pdf)
Vendor Maintenance User Guide
Searching for Check/ACH Payments to Vendors

Accounts Receivable


Capital Assets

Chart of Accounts


Financial Processing



System Access



Where can I find system training?

User Guides and reference documents are available for the different Kuali Financial System (KFS) document types and features below.  A Training instance is also available and may be utilized together with the user guide for a hands-on practice experience.  To access the Training instance, click on the foregoing link and use your UH username and password.

For questions about KFS, please contact Fiscal Services Office.

Accounts Receivable +

Budget +

Training Manuals and References

Budget User Guide

Capital Asset Management +

Chart of Accounts +

Deposits +

Effort Reporting +

Training Manuals and References

Effort Reporting - Training Manual

Financial Processing +

General +

Journal Entries +

Labor Ledger +

Purchasing +

Vendors +

JasperReports Server +

Reports +