Systems Access Login

Student Loans

The Loan Collection Office handles the repayment of campus-based loans for the 10 campuses of the University of Hawaii. These loans include: Federal Perkins Loans, State Higher Education Loans, Health Professions/Primary Care Loans, Nursing Student Loans and Hawaii Educator Loans.

Our staff is available to assist borrowers with repayment options including loan deferment, forbearance, cancellation and consolidation. We also provide borrowers with information on preventing or resolving loan defaults.

Heartland ECSI (formerly known as Campus Partners) is the billing agency for the University of Hawaii's campus-based loan programs. Heartland ECSI is located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. To use their interactive Voice Response System, dial 1-800-334-8609. Or you can log on to their website at

Repayment Options

Original Repayment Plan:

Your original repayment schedule was included with your exit interview documents. If you did not complete an exit interview, please contact the General Accounting and Loan Collection Office.

Alternate Repayment Arrangements:

If you are having difficulty making your payments, you may be able to change your payment plan. Deferment and forberance options are available if you qualify.

Refer to your student loan promissory note for your individual repayment options. If you have any questions, please contact the General Accounting and Loan Collection Office.

Student Loan Default

There are serious consequences for defaulting on your student loan that may include, but are not limited to:

  • Denial of University services such as academic transcripts, diplomas, registration for classes, etc...
  • Credit bureau reporting
  • Withholding of tax refunds
  • Loan acceleration where the entire balance becomes immediately due and payable
  • Loss of deferment and cancellation benefits
  • Denial or suspension of professional and vocational licenses
  • Assignment of loan to a collection agency
  • Litigation
  • Assessment of late charges, collection costs, attorney fees, court costs, and other fees.

Student Loan Links

For payment information or to obtain deferment or cancellation forms, contact Heartland ECSI:

Heartland ECSI
PO Box 2901
Winston-Salem, NC  27102
Phone:  (800) 334-8609

The following agencies have been contracted by the University of Hawaii to collect its defaulted student loans:

Account Control Technology
PO Box 8012
Canoga Park, CA  91309
Phone:  (888) 830-7770

General Revenue Corporation
PO Box 495999
Cincinnati, OH  45249
Phone:  (800) 234-6258

Williams & Fudge
300 Chatham Ave
Rock Hill, SC  29731
Phone:  (800) 849-9791

Windham Professionals
PO Box 1758
Salem, NH  03079
Phone:  (800) 208-5076

Student Loan FAQs

Q: I have not received a bill for my student loan. What should I do?

A: Contact the Loan Collection Office to find out why you are not receiving your bills. Be advised that you are responsible for paying your loan even if you did not receive a bill.

Q: I am unable to make the schedule loan payments. What should I do?

A: Contact the Loan Collection Office for alternate repayment arrangements. You may be eligible for a loan deferment or forbearance. Be advised that the Loan Collection Office will not be able to help you once your loan is assigned to a collection agency.

Q: I've been paying on my student loans but I am still receiving past due notices. What should I do?

A: Contact the Loan Collection Office to determine why your loan is past due. If you remitted a payment late, you may have been assessed a late fee which made your loan past due. Or you may have other loans that are being serviced by different billing agencies. If you overlooked one of your loans, you will receive past due notices until that loan is brought current.

Q: I am thinking of consolidating all of my student loans. Can I assume that all of my loans will qualify for loan consolidation?

A: Not all loans are eligible for loan consolidation. You will need to contact the consolidation agency to find out which loans are eligible for loan consolidation. Be advised that State Higher Education Loans are not eligible for federal loan consolidation.

Contact Us

Loan Collection Office
1404 Lower Campus Road Building 171-H Room 38
Honolulu, HI, 96822
Phone: 808-956-8785 or 956-6645
FAX: 808-956-9059

Window Hours:  Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 3:30pm, excluding state observed holidays

Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm, excluding state observed holidays

Name Area of Responsibility Phone Number Email
Susan Mabe Supervisor
Student Loan Servicing and Collection
Eunice Chong Student Loan Servicing and Collection 956-5884
Lisa Sumiye Student Loan Accounting and Reporting 956-2274


Policies and Guidelines

Hawai'i Code of Federal Regulations

Title 34 Part 674 - Federal Perkins Loan Program

Title 42 Part 57 - Health Professions and Nursing Loan Programs

Hawai'i Revised Statutes

§40.35.5 - Assessment and Collection of Service Charges for Dishonored Checks

§231-51 to §231-59 - Recovery of Money Owed to the State

§304A-601 to §304A-604 - State Higher Education Loans §304A-2160

§304A-701 to §304A-704 - Hawaii Educator Loans

§657.1.5 - Limitation of Actions Not Applicable to State

Administrative Rules

Chapter 20-8  - State Higher Education Loans

Chapter 20-10  - Delinquent Financial Obligations

Chapter 20-25  - Hawaii Educator Loans

Administrative Procedures

AP 8.621 - Delinquent Financial Obligation Tax Setoff Hearings
AP 8.731 - Student Accounts Receivable and Delinquent Financial Obligations
AP 8.740 - Dishonored Checks


Deferment, Forbearance and Cancellation Form

You may download an application form for deferment, forbearance or cancellation from the Heartland ECSI website at .   If you have questions about your eligibility or need assistance completing the form, please call Heartland ECSI 1-800-334-8609.

Consent for Release of Information

Complete a Consent For Release of Information form if you would like the Loan Collection Office to release confidential information to an individual or an organization

Reference Sheet

Complete a new Reference Sheet if you would like to update the personal references for your loan.